PTA's mission is to make every child's potential a reality by engaging and empowering families
and communities to advocate for all children.
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, and throughout the community.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To advocate for laws that further the education, physical and mental health, welfare, and safety of children and youth.
- To promote the collaboration and engagement of families and educators in the education of children and youth.
- To engage the public in united efforts to secure the physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social well-being of all children and youth.
- To advocate for fiscal responsibility regarding public tax dollars in public education funding.
Bathgate PTA’s Areas of Focus:
- Student and School Success — All students should receive a world-class education that prepares them for long-term success in college and careers. Our fundraising allows us to pay for many educational programs provided at Bathgate.
- PTA Events like Parents & Pastries, Family Reading Night, Bingo Night, Talent Show, Spelling Bee, among many others, allow parents to get involved in their children's social and educational activities, which makes a difference for student success and school improvement.
- Health and Safety — Every child should have a healthy and safe place to live, learn and thrive. Bathgate's PTA provides tools and resources—such as a Health Tech, safety & P.E Supplies, P.B.I.S program, Watch D.O.G.S—that help students, parents and schools work together to create a positive school climate.
- Arts and Culture — Every child should receive a well-rounded education with access to arts and cultural opportunities. PTA celebrates and raises awareness about the importance of arts education and provides all students the opportunity to explore and be involved in the arts through our annual Reflections program & Talent Show..
- Advocacy — All families should be at the table and empowered to advocate for their own and every child. PTA’s policy agenda, advocacy toolkit and state and national training make it easy for every parent to make a difference.