PTA's mission is to make every child's potential a reality by engaging and empowering families
and communities to advocate for all children.
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, places of worship, and throughout the community
- To raise the standards of home life
- To advocate for laws that further the education, physical and mental health, welfare, and safety of children and youth
- To promote the collaboration and engagement of families and educators in the education of children and youth
- To engage the public in united efforts to secure the physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social well-being of all children and youth
- To advocate for fiscal responsibility regarding public tax dollars in public education funding.
- Student and School Success — All students should receive a world-class education that prepares them for long-term success in college and careers. PTA programs like Take Your Family to School Week, Family Reading Experience and School of Excellence empower families to be engaged in their children’s education and support their learning, which makes a difference for student success and school improvement.
- Health and Safety — Every child should have a healthy and safe place to live, learn and thrive. PTA provides tools and resources—such as our Connect for Respect initiative—that help students, parents and schools work together to create a positive school climate.
- Arts and Culture — Every child should receive a well-rounded education with access to arts and cultural opportunities. PTA celebrates and raises awareness about the importance of arts education and provides all students the opportunity to explore and be involved in the arts through our annual Reflections program.
- Advocacy — All families should be at the table and empowered to advocate for their own and every child. PTA’s policy agenda, advocacy toolkit and state and national training make it easy for every parent to make a difference.