Bathgate Elementary PTA PRograms 2018-2019
Our PTA offers a number of programs to engage each child's unique potential:
- Accelerated Reader Program equips students to become better readers and gives parents and teachers a tool for reading support and assessment. Students are given a reading level to chose books from, read books of choice then complete a reading comprehension quiz, earning points and tracking number of words read.
- Meet the Masters Art Program encompasses instruction as well as visual presentation of famous artists throughout history. Students learn about the artists' lives and contributions to the art world calibrated to each grade level. The child then creates their own art using the artist's techniques.Our
- Celebration Book Club allows parents to commemorate their child's special accomplishment or birthday with a new book donated to our Bathgate School Library. A hardback book is selected from a district approved list, purchased in the student's name for $25 and presented at our weekly Flag Ceremony by Mrs. Kurtz. (The student has two weeks to read the book before it is added to our growing library.) Contact email@example.com to order!
- Our PTA pays for Field Trips (inclusive of bus transportation) to enhance each grade level's curriculum. For instance, Kindergarten takes their first field trip to a working farm to witness firsthand how vegetables are grown. Other grades gain hands-on experience in a tide-pool, examining rocks and fossils at an excavation site, learning about music from the "Disneyland Orchestra", to name a few.
- PTA sponsors community and family building events such as Family Movie Night, Bingo Night (in the fall) & Carnival (in the spring) !
- PTA offers a Spelling Bee in the spring to 3rd graders and up to sharpen their spelling and memorization skills.
- Our PTA pays for a part-time librarian to order books and keep our library maintained. Our PTA also allocates approximately $5,000 of new books for our Bathgate Library each school year (CAPO School District does NOT provide any funding for Library books).
- If your child has a tummy ache or hits her head playing handball, our PTA pays for a health assistant to ensure all our children's medical needs are addressed.
- Our PTA is green! Each week, we collect recyclables and in turn, earn money for our school while promoting environmental responsibility.
- Yearbook- A year of memories, the PTA provides pages of photos featuring all the activities that students participated in throughout the year. Also, each class has several pages to showcase their students and classroom activities. Yearbook Dedication Pages are available to send a special message to a well-loved student or teacher.
- Reflections is a fall arts program open to ALL students, hosted by our national PTA. Reflections has a different theme every year, encouraging students to express themselves creatively and receive positive recognition for original works of art in different areas. (Six different areas include: Literature, Visual Arts, Musical Composition, Dance Choreography, Photography and Film/Video Production.) Bathgate's submissions are judged by local artists and writers. Bathgate winners then proceed to the District, State and National competitons.
- Our PTA sponsors an annual Astronomy Night to teach our students about science. Our PTA also supports Bathgate's NEW STEM lab with requisite supplies.
- Bathgate PTA has also purchased and maintains safety supplies in the event of a disaster.
- Our PTA also provides each classroom with basic school supplies needed to keep our classrooms running.
- We also sponsor a jog-a-thon, Red Ribbon Week, & provide PE equipment.
- We promote good character by awarding B.E.S.T tickets for acts of trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and citizenship. Tickets are entered into a weekly prize drawing held at our weekly Flag Ceremony and can also be exchanged for fun merchandise and prices at our New B.E.S.T BUY Store!
- Imagination Machine encourages children in all grades to write a story. One story at each grade level is chosen and the Imagination Machine crew acts it out for the entire grade!